Requirements for Skin & Wound Management Course Participation
Anyone interested in skin and wound management is eligible to enroll in our wound care seminar.
Requirements for National Alliance of Wound Care and Ostomy™ “WCC®” Certification Exam
For participants interested in wound care certification additional requirements must be met to sit for the certification exam which include all of the following:
1. Active unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Physician or Physician’s Assistant.
2. Successful graduate of the WCEI® Skin and Wound Management course.
3. Must meet one of the following options:
a. Documentation of active involvement in the care of wound care patients, or in management, education or research directly related to wound care while actively licensed for at least two years full-time/four years part-time within the past five years.
Please note: Candidate wound care experience must be a component of daily licensed job duties. This includes experience from such venues as Acute Care, Long Term Care, Home Health, etc.
b. Complete a minimum of 120 hours of hands on clinical training with an NAWCO® approved clinical preceptor after completion of “Wound Management Certification Training Course” Click here for more detailed information.
4. Completion of application and required supporting documentation.
5. Payment of required fees.
6. Receive passing score of 70% or greater on the NAWCO WCC® Examination.
a. For Qualified candidates a proctored paper and pencil examination is available onsite following our wound care training course.
b. Computerized versions of the examination are administered at computer based testing facilities managed by LaserGrade/PSI Computer Testing. LaserGrade/PSI maintains testing sites throughout the United States and in other countries.
*Candidates must successfully pass NAWCO WCC exam within 2 years of the Skin and Wound Management Course completion date. For more information download
The Skin and Wound Management Course is approved by the National
Alliance of Wound Care® Credentialing Board (NAWCCB®), the credentialing
arm of the National Alliance of Wound Care®.
Please click here to download WCC Candidate Exam Handbook
Please click here to view the WCC FAQ site
Please click here for CME/CE details