Changing the Lives of Patients and Clinicians Through Education
About the Wound Care Education Institute® (WCEI®)
In 2002, experienced nurses and consultants Nancy Morgan and Donna Sardina noticed a disturbing trend in healthcare. Nurses and other healthcare professionals were passionate about wound care, but access to specialized wound education was either non-existent or limited.
Determined to find a way to improve wound care outcomes and practitioners’ careers, Nancy and Donna combined their shared passion for healing by creating hands-on wound care training and structured wound care education classes
. The Wound Care Education Institute®
mission is to impact the lives of both individual practitioners, and the patients in need of wound care.
As the founding partner of WCEI®
, Nancy Morgan has more than 20 years of experience as a registered nurse. She holds an MBA, and is board certified in wound care, ostomy and diabetic wound care. Renowned for her dynamic speaking style, Nancy delivers her trademark presentations and training across the globe. With a passion for wound care and a strong desire to motivate and inspire healthcare professionals, Nancy continues to lead WCEI with her consistent vision and infectious energy.
A registered nurse with a master’s degree in Health Care Administration, Donna Sardina has more than 35 years of nursing experience. This includes an extensive background in long-term care and certifications in wound care, ostomy and diabetic wound care. Donna is the author of WCEI’s educational programs, WOW presentations and several books and manuals on wound care topics.
The Wound Care Education Institute® Mission and Philosophy:
- To provide the highest quality wound and ostomy care education based on current standards of practice guidelines and evidence-based research to healthcare professional, including all levels of nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians.
- To focus on practical rather than theoretical knowledge by teaching what will impact care at the bedside.
- To provide classes that are interesting, fun, high-energy and taught by top-notch instructors.
- To accommodate individual learning needs by offering nationwide onsite and online programs.
- To be an ongoing resource beyond certification for standards of care in the wound care field.