Nutrition from A to Zinc
Speaker: Nancy Collins, PhD, RDN, LD, NWCC, FAND
Did you ever wish you had a registered dietitian on speed dial to answer all your nutrition questions? This session will answer the top questions clinicians ask about nutrition. Join us to hear answers on issues such as protein recommendations in kidney disease, assessing obese patients, how collagen dipeptides work, which vitamins need to be supplemented, and much more. This session will get you up to date on the latest nutrition topics.
Target Audience: Nurses, physical therapists, dietitians, and other healthcare professionals interested in wound care.
About the Speaker:
Dr. Nancy Collins is a wound care certified registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) based in Las Vegas, NV. She is known nationally for her expertise in the complex relationship between malnutrition, body composition, and tissue regeneration. Dr. Collins has over 25 years of wound care experience in a variety of care settings. In addition, she has published dozens of articles and columns in wound care journals including Wound Management and Prevention and Advances in Skin and Wound Care. She has presented nutrition topics at every major wound meeting, authored six textbook chapters on wound care nutrition, and has served on multiple advisory boards. Due to her expertise in wound healing, Dr. Collins is often retained as medico-legal expert. She has consulted on over 500 medical malpractice and wrongful death suits.
- Nancy Collins, PhD, RDN, LD, NWCC, FAND, faculty for this educational activity, disclosed that she is on the speaker’s bureau and is a consultant for Abbott Nutrition and Medtrition. All the relevant financial relationships listed for this individual has been mitigated.
- None of the planners/faculty, unless otherwise noted, for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Webinar Learning Objectives:
Course Originally Released on: 4/21/2021
- Describe the nutritional components necessary to fuel the wound healing process.
- Understand how poor nutritional status impacts the body's ability to heal a wound.
- Implement at least two new nutritional strategies to enhance wound healing.
Date of Most Recent Review: 4/21/2021
Course Termination/ Update Date: 4/30/2024
|In support of improving patient care, Relias LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
|As a Jointly Accredited organization, Relias LLC is accredited to offer dietetic continuing education by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). The CDR is an associate member of Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education.
Dietetics-related continuing education from Relias LLC, regardless of target profession, is acceptable, if the learning relates to the Competencies/Performance Indicators (PIs) on the learner's Step 1 Learning Plan.
|Relias LLC is a licensed physical therapy continuing Education sponsor (#216.000290) by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. Certificates must be retained by the licensee for a period of 5 years after course completion. Please check with your state for prior approval.