Understanding The Complexity of Convexity
Speaker: Joy Hooper, RN, BSN, CWOCN, OMS, WCC
This 1-hour presentation will discuss and ostomy appliance preparation and placement using present day ostomy supplies. Focus on newer accessory products and tools to achieve a leak proof seal and maintain peristomal skin health.
Target Audience: Nurses, physical therapists, dietitians, and other healthcare professionals interested in wound care.
About the Speaker:
As an RN with over 20 years of wound and ostomy care experience, Joy has practiced in a variety of hospital and home care settings. She is a successful nurse entrepreneur, and is board certified by the WOCNCB as a CWOCN, and by the NAWCO® as a WCC and OMS. Her informal and down-to-earth teaching methods enable students to learn easily in a relaxed and enjoyable environment. Joy is the lead instructor of our Ostomy.
- Joy Hooper, RN, BSN, CWOCN, OMS, WCC, AWCC, faculty for this educational event, disclosed that she is on the clinical advisory board for SafeNSimple and Stomagienics, and a consultant for Stomagienics. All relevant financial relationships listed for this individual have been mitigated.
- None of the planners/faculty, unless otherwise noted, for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
- This educational activity is supported by Convatec.
Webinar Learning Objectives:
Course Originally Released on: 3/14/2023
- Recognize different styles of convex products.
- Identify types of peristomal planes that may benefit from convexity.
- Name three of the characteristics of convexity as defined by the international consensus panel.
- Identify two accessory products that can be applied to help create an individualized custom convex appliance.
Date of Most Recent Review: 3/14/2023
Course Termination/Update Date: 3/31/2026
|In support of improving patient care, Relias LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
|As a Jointly Accredited organization, Relias LLC is accredited to offer dietetic continuing education by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). The CDR is an associate member of Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education.
Dietetics-related continuing education from Relias LLC, regardless of target profession, is acceptable, if the learning relates to the Competencies/Performance Indicators (PIs) on the learner's Step 1 Learning Plan.
|Relias LLC is a licensed physical therapy continuing Education sponsor (#216.000290) by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. Certificates must be retained by the licensee for a period of 5 years after course completion. Please check with your state for prior approval.