Save Lives and Limbs
Gain the advanced clinical knowledge and confidence to make a significant difference in diabetic wound outcomes in your practice. Becoming Diabetic Wound Certified®
) can help you save the lives and limbs of patients in your care. Be inspired and see dramatic improvements in your abilities with this WCEI®
onsite Diabetic Skin and Wound Management course.
Build Your Career While Making a Difference
This five-day onsite course leads to Diabetic Wound Certified®
) credential through the National Alliance of Wound Care and Ostomy® (NAWCO®
) - a qualification that not only boosts your professional career, but can also significantly improve patient outcomes at your facility. In addition to classroom training, you will participate in hands-on labs including total contact casting, diabetic nail debridement, and conservative sharp debridement.
Onsite Classroom Learning
Taught by a board-certified DWC®
courses keep students involved and inspired - so new knowledge is not only gained, it is retained and can be immediately put into practice. Benefits of this onsite course include:
- Quiet, dedicated time out of the office to really focus on wound care training
- Real, practical and hands-on use of the tools and techniques
- Opportunities to tackle subjects and ask questions outside the standard course training.
- Networking with other learners, sharing experiences and social interaction
- Valuable feedback from the trainer and others in the group
Diabetic Wound Care Certified (DWC®) Examination
Interested in sitting for the DWC®
certification examination? After registering for the course, you will receive instructions on how to complete the NAWCO® exam application and pay exam fees
will review your application and determine whether you meet eligibility requirements
. The DWC®
examination, proctored by NAWCO®
, is offered on the final day of the onsite classroom course.
Can’t Find a Course Near You?
With a minimum class size of 10, WCEI®
can bring a certification course
right to your facility, where you can include fellow healthcare providers and make the course a community event.
DWC® Candidate Exam Handbook
$2,597 Individual Student
Examination fees: Fees are not included in the tuition rate. After registering for the course, you will be directed to complete the exam application and pay any exam fees.
Group Code: A group code identifies a course tuition rate for organizations who have an agreement with WCEI®. The code is given to individuals associated with the organization who are taking a course. The code, if applicable, must be used when registering for the course.
Included with Tuition
- Onsite classroom training
- 29.50 continuing education contact hours upon completion
- WCEI® Diabetic Skin and Wound Care Management course workbook
- Three hands-on labs including: Total Contact Casting; Diabetic Nail Debridement; Conservative Sharp Debridement
- Tools, including: business tote bag, pen, highlighter, nail brush, nail nippers, cuticle stick, lotion, total contact cast kit and model foot
- Learning aides: glossary, sample questions and more
- Pre-exam certification review (course review)
- Exclusive access to resource materials
- Networking lunches (at most locations)
Financial Options Cancellation Policy